Sexual health during COVID-19
We are re-opening our STI services in Birmingham!
We are happy to announce that we are reopening our STI Clinic from Tuesday 16th June.
Please note, we will not be offering any procedures (such as contraceptive removals/fittings or HPV-Wart removal procedures) at this time. If you are on our procedure waiting list, you will be updated in due course, when it is considered safe for you to come in. This is to help us ease the re-opening of our clinic and ensure the safety of our staff and patients.
The safety of our patients and staff is our utmost priority, so in order to comply with the guidelines from the government and Public Health England, we will be implementing the following changes to our services:
- We will utilise digital/telephone and postal services where possible, to limit the patient-clinician exposure.
- Before your appointment, you will receive a call from your clinician who will discuss a few things with you before you enter the clinic. This is so we can be better prepared for you and limit the amount of time you spend in our clinic.
- We ask patients to arrive exactly on time, and no earlier.
- We ensure there is a maximum of 1 patient in the clinic at a time (other than your clinician, our healthcare assistant & receptionist).
- Upon arrival, you will be offered a face mask and hand sanitiser.
- During your appointment, social distancing will be maintained where possible, and we will sit six feet apart from you.
- We use intensive cleaning procedures before and after every patient.
As always, we aim to deliver the highest standard of patient care. Your health and wellbeing is our biggest priority. If there are any further steps you would like us to take, please get in touch with us. We thank you for your patience, understanding and continued support at this time, and hope to open up our services further soon.
We are offering a limited number of services at the moment where we can provide the highest level of care during these times without risking the health of our patients, clinicians and family.
The consultation element of the appointment will be shorter as some of the key things will be discussed in your pre-appointment call. Please know that you are welcome to receive a call back from your clinician should you have any follow up questions.
Whilst same day results can be provided, they will only be given by text, e-mail or a telephone call from our medical team within 3 hours of collecting your sample. This is to maintain the appropriate level of social distancing whilst being able to provide you with rapid results.
This will proceed as normal.
STI Test Certificate
We will ask patients to return once their test results have been released to collect their certificate.
Our virtual clinic is still running for those who would prefer to receive care from home. These services include home STI test kits, medications by post and advice via virtual consultations.
If you have any questions, please do get in touch.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19
Please stay at home and consider using our virtual services.
- A high temperature – this means you feel hot to touch on your chest or back (you do not need to measure your temperature)
- A new and continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or 3 or more coughing episodes in 24 hours (if you usually have a cough, it may be worse than usual)
- A loss or change to your sense of smell or taste – this means you’ve noticed you cannot smell or taste anything, or things smell or taste different to normal
If you are experiencing symptoms
It is important to refer to a healthcare provider as soon as possible. Our experience combined with timely detection can help avoid complications in the future.